October 1, 2013

Útvarp

Hey again!

I am going for the back to back post today, but I have forgotten a crucial piece of my week! I got to go on the radio (útvarp) on Sunday evening.

My host mother's cousins daughter, Rannvá - a very talented young woman - works for a program on the radio in the Faroe Islands. She needed to have something ready for the radio on Sunday night, and thought it would be interesting to do a group interview on what it's like to be an exchange student here in the Faroe Islands. So, on Friday she rounded up me and Joel Cole, an absolutely fantastic and great guy who now lives here in the Faroes. Joel went on Rotary exchange to the Faroe Islands in 1986 and was the first ever exchange student to the Faroes. Crazy!

I haven't actually listened to the interview myself due to my inability of listening my own voice, but you are all welcome to take a listen if you would like. The introduction is in Faroese, but the questions and responses are all in English!

http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2013/09/30/reiri-fr-sunnukvldinum

The interview starts at 24:29.

Even though I haven't listened to it, being on the radio was definitely a highlight of my year! We had some great laughs along with the business of the interview as well, and it was really a great time.

I hope you enjoy!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment